Bonsai Rare Color Tulip Seeds #9Regular price $6.99
- Botanical Name: Tulip
- Form: Perennial
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Flowering Time: Late spring
- Light Requirements: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower Form: Feathery looking petals
- Foliage Type: Gray-green, linear or broadly ovate.
- Growth Rate: Medium
How to Grow Tulips
With a bit of planning and care you can enjoy a bold, cheerful, long-lasting tulip display each spring. Learn how to grow your own tulips.
- Select a range of early, mid, and late-season tulips.
- Plant in a sunny location with excellent drainage.
- Plant seeds in spring for blooms.
- Prepare the soil.
- Plant tulips 8 inches deep with the pointy end up.
- Water tulips thoroughly at the time of planting and again in the spring when they begin to grow.
- Cut tulips while buds are still tight to enjoy indoors.
- Keep animals at bay by lining planting holes with chicken wire, erecting a fence, spraying repellent, or planting in pots.
Is there anything more cheerful than a big display of tulips flowering in the spring? After a long winter of cold and snow, the masses of colorful blooms are a sight for sore eyes. These tips and tricks will help you create and enjoy a long-lasting tulip display in your own garden.