Mexican Star DahliaRegular price $6.99
Lovely, 3" blooms smell like--and are the colour of--chocolate! Velvety, chocolate-red petals encircle yellow centres. Tall stems hold these somewhat nodding flowers high above the plant's foliage, where they are a beacon for pollinators. We're thrilled to be able to offer this hard-to-find variety!
- Botanical Name: Dahlia single-flowered 'Mexican Star'
- Form: Tuber
- Hardiness Zone: 3-10
- Lift in Fall: 3-8
- Flowering Time: Midsummer until first frost in the fall
- Light Requirements: Full Sun
- Flower Color: Deep red petals with a yellow eye.
- Flower Form: 3" large single petals and a fluffy center
- Foliage Type: Pinnate leaves with ovate leaflets
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Height/Habit: 40 inches
- Spread: 24 inches
- Planting Instructions: 2" deep and 24" apart.
- Soil Requirements: Well drained
- Will Tolerate: Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning: Pinching of the secondary bud will lead to larger flowers, but less of them.